Thursday, May 12, 2016

Theme and Author's Purpose

I am on page 87 of the book If I Stay, by Gayle Forman and in this part of the book, the plot line is very intense. Mia is coming to the realization that if she lives, it is up to her. She makes the decisions, it all matters if she is strong to survive from the car crash. She doesn't know how her parents are doing and the novel is mainly focused on her right now. Mia says, "If I stay. If I live. It's all up to me" (87). This teaches the readers a very good life lesson, that life can be very short. Mia is only 16 and she doesn't know if she is going to survive. She has barely lived her life yet and has so much planned for the future, and it might be taken away from her in an instant. The author's purpose of writing this novel was to entertain readers, and also to show the readers the importance of family. I would definitely recommend this novel because it has a very good plot line and it keeps the readers on their toes, because they don't know what's going to happen next. I strongly recommend this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment